Imam Zayd ibn Musa ibn Jafar (as) ?

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
أضف رد جديد
Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 180
اشترك في: الخميس أكتوبر 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Imam Zayd ibn Musa ibn Jafar (as) ?

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

What is the Zaydia view on Imam Zayd ibn Musa (as) ?
Here is the report according to the 12r scholar ibn Babawaih

Ahmad ibn Yahya al-Mokattib narrated that Muhammad ibn Yahya al-Sowly quoted on the authority of Muhammad ibn Yazid al-Nahawi, on the authority of Ibn Abi Abdoon, on the authority of his father, “When Zayd ibn Musa ibn Ja’far revolted in Basra and set the homes of the Abbasids on fire, they took him to Al-Ma’mun. Al-Ma’mun forgave him on behalf of his brother Ali ibn Musa Al-Reza (s) and told the Imam (s), “If your brother has revolted and has done this and that, so did Zayd ibn Ali before and he got killed. If you did not possess the rank near me that you have now, I would have killed him since what he has done is not negligible. Al-Reza (s) said, “O Commander of the Faithful! Do not compare my brother with Zayd ibn Ali since he was one of the scholars from the Household of Muhammad and got angry for the sake of the Honorable the Exalted God. He fought with the enemies of God until he got killed in His path. My father Musa ibn Ja’far (s) narrated that he had heard his father Ja’far ibn Muhammad (s) say, ‘May God bless my uncle Zayd since he was inviting the people to a pleasant member of the Household of Muhammad (not himself). He would have been loyal to what he said if he had become victorious. He consulted with me about his uprising and I told him, ‘O my uncle! Do this if you are pleased with being killed and your corpse being hung up from the gallows in the al-Konasa neighborhood.’ After Zayd left, As-Sadiq (s) said, “Woe be to those who hear his call but do not help him! (UYUN AKHBAR AL-REZA)

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“