Pick the Brain - Motivation

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
أضف رد جديد
الحوراء
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 760
اشترك في: الأربعاء يوليو 20, 2005 4:29 pm

Pick the Brain - Motivation

مشاركة بواسطة الحوراء »

Overcoming a Loss of Motivation

January 7th, 2007 by John

How many times have you started a new activity (such as a personal project or exercise routine) with a burst of enthusiasm, only to see that initial momentum evaporate? This often leads to depression and causes us to give up prematurely. I’ve experienced this letdown dozens of times myself. But fortunately, with a bit of thought and reflection you can turn this negative emotion around

The key to harnessing your emotions is understanding them. The natural pattern of human emotion is peaks and valleys. When we start a new project we’re filled with tremendous optimism. All we can think about is the expected benefits, and since we haven’t started yet, we aren’t aware of the difficulties involved. This natural high causes a surge of mental and physical activity. The peak is a great thing because the energy boost gets projects off the ground. If you’re a creative type like me, you know that this period is euphoric. You feel like nothing can stop you.

The downside of this surge of energy is that it inevitably ends. Exerting large amounts of energy wears you down, and after the initial optimism wears off we feel extremely tired. However high you started off, you fall down just as low. This causes a loss of confidence. The combination of fatigue, scant results, and an awareness of impending adversity makes us want to give up. From personal experience I’ve learned a few ways to hold strong against negativity.

To Be Continued ...
اللهم ارحم موتانا و موتى المؤمنين والمؤمنات...و كتب الله أجر الصابرين و المجاهدين ،،
صورة
صورة

الحوراء
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

Be Prepared for a Letdown

مشاركة بواسطة الحوراء »

Be Prepared for a Letdown

Emotions, by nature, lose their power when we understand them. Prove this to yourself. Next time you get angry, take a moment to reflect on the reason behind the emotion. When I step back and reflect, it’s easy to see that my anger is caused by insecurity/selfishness/jealousy etc. After I understand the cause my anger fades away.

The same technique applies to a loss of motivation. Instead of giving into negativity, step back and analyze. Look at the causes. Are you tired, burned out, disappointed by the results? Are these feelings justified, or are they a by product of a low point in the emotional spectrum?

To Be Continued ...
اللهم ارحم موتانا و موتى المؤمنين والمؤمنات...و كتب الله أجر الصابرين و المجاهدين ،،
صورة
صورة

الحوراء
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

Reevaluate Your Strategy and Motivation

مشاركة بواسطة الحوراء »

Reevaluate Your Strategy and Motivation

The passing of the emotional peak is a blessing in disguise because it allows us to reevaluate our plans from a fresh perspective. At first we are blinded by our own optimism. When we lose our motivation we can see gaping holes our in plan. We can either get down on ourselves and give up, or we can use this negative emotion to discover our faults and correct them. After I pulled myself out of the motivational cellar, I went back to all the negatives thoughts I’d had and applied them to improving the site. Having a pessimistic attitude opened my eyes. It made me realistic about my abilities and expectations. Emotional valleys bring us back to reality. Without them we’d be raving lunatics with unlimited self-confidence.

Use a loss of motivation as an opportunity to reconsider what your motivation really is. One reason I lost motivation is that I became too concerned with the financial aspect of blogging and lost sight of the real reason I started: sharing my passion for self improvement and the pursuit of happiness. When I realigned my motivation with my passion, the lack of results didn’t matter. My motivation returned because I realized connecting with people through my writing is an end in itself. Even if this site never makes I dime, sharing my ideas and experiences to help other people is worth the effort.

In truth, sometimes giving up is the right decision. If you started doing something for the wrong reasons you’ll likely lose your motivation. This is a good thing. It allows us to see what really motivates us. In these cases, the best choice is to move on to a new endeavor. Don’t fight self doubt, use it for your benefit.

To Be Continued ...
صورة
صورة

الحوراء
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة الحوراء »

Conclusion

Dealing with emotional highs and lows is an experience common to all people. We generally accept our emotions as beyond our control. They are powerful and mysterious and appear quite irrational. But if we contemplate our emotions, if we explore the inner workings of our minds, we find that like all things, emotions obey the law of cause and effect. Armed with this knowledge, we can continue to allow our emotions to dominate our lives, or we can use them to our benefit.

Don’t be surprised by a loss of motivation and don’t be disappointed by it. Understand it as natural effect of the human mind, and utilize this knowledge of self to make your emotions work for you.

Reference:
http://www.pickthebrain.com/

Related Articles found at the same website include the following:

A Letter of Advice to College Freshmen
Read Old Books to Think Great Thoughts
Improve Your Personal Effectiveness by Finding Balance
صورة
صورة

الحوراء
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة الحوراء »

Hope that it was a useful artical, that would help us out through many difficulties
we may face in life,
on the other hand, it may open our eyes to many great abilities hidden inside us and we still dont recognize them

Thank you all, and hope that all my brothers & sisters are satisfied and doing fine in life.

Dont forget me in your prayers,, please
I wont too..!
Good Day,,
صورة
صورة

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“