Family of Muhammad in the Qur'an pt. 5

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
أضف رد جديد
Talib Ali
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 66
اشترك في: الاثنين يونيو 26, 2006 6:17 am

Family of Muhammad in the Qur'an pt. 5

مشاركة بواسطة Talib Ali »

salams!

Here's the 5th part. Here is the original Arabic link: http://www.al-majalis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3792

Please correct any mistakes.

Student Ali
-------------------------------------------------------
The Almighty says: “Indeed, the (true) patrons of Abraham among the people are those that follow him and this Prophet and those who believe. God is the patron of the believers.” (3:68 )

On may notice the statement {this Prophet and those who believe,} in the verse. It is the same as in the Almighty’s statement: {Verily, your patron is only Allah, His Messenger, and those who believe} (5:55). The statement continues and refers to Ali (as). He is the one that follows referred to in the statement of the Almighty, {(And mention) When Abraham said ‘My Lord, make this city a place of security and keep me and my sons from worshipping idols. My Lord, they have led my people astray. So whoever follows me is of me and those who disobey—indeed You are Forgiving and Merciful} (14:35-36) There’s the intention concerning it that the good descendants are an answer to the supplication for he says “is of me”. What we want to say is that the verses at the end return and are demonstrated from the true Family of Abraham. This is shown in the Almighty’s statement {And God chose Adam, Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of Imran over all the worlds} (3:33).

The biggest proof of the fact that Muhammad , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, from the family of Abraham, was the answer to the supplication of Abraham (as) is {Our Lord, send them a messenger that shall teach them your signs/verses and make them know the book and the wisdom and purify them. Verily, You are the Powerful, the Wise} (2:129). Ahmed narrates in his Musnad that Abi Umamah said: “Messenger of God, what was the first thing that you were commanded?” He (as) said: ‘I am the answer to the supplication of my father, Abraham; the good news of Jesus; and when my mother saw me, she witnessed light that was brighter than the sun.’”

What is important is that we find in the Qur’an the explicit mention of the selection after the Seal of the Messengers in the Almighty’s statement:{Then, our inheritors of the book are those who we choose from our slaves} (35:32). The Almighty also says: {He has chosen you, and has not placed upon your religion any hardship. It is the religion of your father, Abraham. He has called you Muslims before} (22:78 ). But it is even more apparent in His statement: {And he left it as a word to remain after those who came after him (fi aqibahi) so that they may return} (43:28 ). Even if the intention of the phrase “aqibahi” means “after him”; because the word “in” (fi) is in the verse, the most correct meaning to be taken is that it means “his descendants.” Many similar verses talked about it previously.

Based on the narration in Saheeh Muslim in the book of virtues in the chapter on the lineage of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, Wathilah bin Asqa’ said: “I heard the Messenger of God , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, say: “Verily, God chose Kinanah from the children of Ishmael, the Quraish from Kinanah, the Bani Hashim from the Quraish, and me from the Bani Hashim.”

It is accepted that they are the ones chosen by God from the Bani Hashim rather than others from the Quraish. It is accepted that this refers to the 12 Caliphs in the narrations of al-Bukhari and Muslim are from the Bani Hashim through the Quraish and not from the descendants of others.

The most amazing thing about it is what is said in the narrations in al-Bukhari in the Book of Laws in the chapter concerning the rulers from the Quraish, that Ibn Umar relates that the Messenger of God , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, said: “This matter will remain in the Quraish, even if there remain only two of them.” They do not accept the statement concerning the Bani Hashim and makes the inheritance reprehensible.

Among the greatest verses that indicate the concomitance between the Family of Abraham, upon them be peace, and the Family of Muhammad , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny, is the Almighty’s statement: {Will the share of the dominion belong to them? (If so) they would not give the people even as much as a speck. Are the people envious of what God has given them from His bounty? However, We gave the Family of Abraham the Book, Wisdom, and We have given them a great dominion} (4:53-54). This verse speaks concerning all of the enviers during the time of the Prophet of God , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. This resembles the Family of Abraham in its meaning that it is entitled to the Family. Therefore, the Qur’an objects to the enviers. This means that the credit is given to the House of the houses of the prophets. It is not unprecedented matter but everyone knows its occurrence in the Family of Abraham, upon them be peace.

This can not mean but the Family of Muhammad , peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. The other amazing thing is that after the verses that were just mentioned, the Powerful and Majestic says: {Verily God commands you to return all that has been entrusted to you. Whenever you judge between the people, judge with justice. Verily, God commands you in that which is most excellent! God is All-Hearing, All Seeing. O you who believe, Obey God, obey His Messenger and those with authority among you…} (4:58-59).

So consider the sequence of verses:

First: forbidding the envy concerning what God gave them from the virtues of “the book, wisdom, and the great dominion” of the Family of Abraham.

Second: {Verily God commands you to return all that has been entrusted to you. Whenever you judge between the people, judge with justice.}

Third and finally: The command to “obey God, obey Messenger, and those with authority”.

But does this sequence reveal who are “those with authority” and who are the envious?

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“