THE NIGHTMARE

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
أضف رد جديد
ZEADBINYAHYA
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 97
اشترك في: الجمعة يونيو 16, 2006 4:02 pm
مكان: ON THE EARTH OF THE FREEDOM FIGHTER
اتصال:

THE NIGHTMARE

مشاركة بواسطة ZEADBINYAHYA »

I was there running at full speed, as there was nothing in my mind but one word: "hurry up." There was no time for knowing the reason. For, bombs and explosions around me gave me no chance. The smell of grilled meat had been mixed with that of the gunpowder to become a disgusting scent to me.

Silence prevailed for a while. I no longer heard but some groaning voices coming from the collapsed and destroyed buildings around me as well as the sounds of my fast and continuous running along the road.

It had not been for long when a huge explosion echoed behind me. I felt something very heavy hitting me on the back of my head making me fly for a distance that was not very short before falling and rolling on the broken platform.

I did not stay on the ground for long. I promptly got up ignoring the blood that was over me. "What's happening?" "What's going on?" "Where am I?"—questions I did not find answers to.

There was something pushing me to continue running along that road. I could not know what was leading me. It was no doubt my unconscious mind, but why? I looked at my right hand which became like an old rug with blood coming out of it: "I feel no pain."

Again, I ran along the endless road. I reached a fork where there was on my right a hospital from which panic wounded people were getting out as long flames of fire eating parts of it greedily. I paid no attention to it. There was something pushing me to do so.

I turned left. People around me were running at their full speed. I saw some familiar faces running opposite to my direction. I paid them no attention. One of them yelled at me: "Don't go that way." Such screaming made my heart jump out of its place; and tears came out of my eyes, but I ignored it.

"I've arrived," my heart told me. There were remains of a building looking like an ancient villa surrounded by a garden full of trees that were burning. My heart stopped. I was overwhelmed by sorrow. My tears never stopped. My lungs got air in with difficulty. A strong yell: "Noooooooooooooooooo," got out of my mouth.

"What's wrong," a soft voice full of worry creped into my ears. I opened my eyes scarily. There was a smiling face that filled my heart with happiness. The voice went on with concern:

- What's happening to you?
- Oh! Nothing…seems to be a nightmare, Mom.
- I've been worried about you.
- Don't worry…I'm fine.

Holding a white handkerchief, she forwarded her hand to wipe out the sweat pouring from my forehead. I looked upward to see the sparkling stars in the sky. "So, it is night," I talked to myself. "What's going on?" I heard a familiar voice calling.

I turned, as I regained my calmness, to see my father who, despite the darkness, was clearly worried and confused.

"Nothing. It just was a nightmare," replied my mother with a soft voice tempered with her affection which overwhelmed me with safety.

"Hmm! Thanks God…seems we're safe from enemies, otherwise they'd have been here at once and it'd have been our end," replied my father with his worried voice.

I began thinking of what was going on in here. We used to go away from our village at night in fear of enemies seeing us. Yes, this is what used to happen. I began to gather myself calmly and got up standing on my feet again, but I felt numb and dizzy.

It seemed that it was after the Isha prayer when we began moving along the long coastline. We were five: father, mother, sister, a man seemed to be our guide, and me. My legs were still numb for a reason I could not figure out.

We stopped from time to time so that the guide alone could go fast to check whether the road was safe. He made us turn around the road more than once. "It seems there are enemies in some areas," I thought.

Sunlight began to creep on the beach, fill the place, and tickle the sea crabs, which got into and out of the beach, as well as the beautiful sea birds, which hovered over the stretch of the golden beach.

Unconsciously, I approached the sea to play. My mother looked at me with a blaming look as if to tell me that it was not time for fun, but I could not resist putting my feet in water walking among the broken waves, and so did my sister. This made the rest to walk in front of us directly, as our guide was in front of me and my father behind me.

Suddenly, a weak sound of an engine that unusually rose cut the sound of the broken waves on the beach. The guide, father, and mother seemed confused. Father asked us to hurry up walking. We walked faster and faster and began to run. Now, the reason for the discomfort showed up.

It was a fast military helicopter. It showed up a head of us directly. Bullets were shot toward us like rain. I suddenly saw the warm blood covering my face. And the guide fell dead.

I tried to get him aside but no way. I heard father crying out of pain. I pushed the guide's corpse with all my strength so that I do not die suffocating. It was a dreadful view.

Bullets were tearing my sister and my mother who was carrying her. I was trying to push the guide's corpse but I could not. He was very heavy. My hands got stiffed while I was looking at my sister who fell unconscious in my mother's lap; and the bullets, piercing the air, got them everywhere. And the sky darkened.

I opened my eyes trying to see what was before me, but it was too dark. I heard a voice, beside me, for a person who is moving. I screamed forcibly:

- Where am I?

A laughing voice for a small boy replied:

- If you uncover the eye patches, you'll know.

I did not understand what he meant, but his voice calmed me a little. I asked him:

- Who are you?

This time, he went on laughing with a lovely childish voice which made me smile despite my condition. I moved my right hand to rub my eyes and I got what he meant by the eye patches. There were heavy black eye patches around my eyes. I uncovered them to find out where I was. It was a strange place a little bit for a start. Then, I found out I was in the mosque. The boy was still laughing, looking at my astonished face:

- Why are you laughing?
- Don't you remember something important you must do today?
- What'd you mean?
- We've been looking for you for one and a half hour. I wouldn't find your place if I didn't know you well.
- I don't understand anything.

The boy began looking at me strangely. It was just seconds when he began tickling me in my armpit saying:

- Your bride's waiting for you, smart! If my sister knows you're still here, she's going to kill you.

Here, at once, I regained the whole image. It was my wedding day…"Oh! God! What am I doing here?" I told myself. I got out of the mosque running like a mad man, leaving the boy running after me holding my shoes. "If I don't get ready fast, the guests will arrive to my house," I thought. I ran incredibly fast. It seemed that panic had given me an endless energy.

Wedding ceremony began. My college classmates, neighborhood friends, and neighbors were around me applauding and congratulating me. Finally, the wedding ceremony was over and I met my bride. I did not believe myself. "Is it true that the girl that I had dreamed of all those three years is finally mine?" I thought.

She was extraordinary beautiful. Her charming smile filled my being and made my heart merrily dance. I touched her cheek with my hand playfully. She bashfully tried to slip away from me while holding my hand. My heart leaped of joy:

- Honey?
- Yeah!
- At last?
- Yeah, at last!

She held my hand pressing gently on it with both her hands. This made me close my eyes feeling the stream of happiness overwhelming me. She said:

- I love you.
- I adore you.
- Your speech is honey.
- 'Cause it springs from you…Oh! You're the sweetest, softest, and most beautiful human on earth!
- You're complimenting me.
- No. I swear to God not. All I say is part of your true being.
- Is this woman your wife?
- What? What're you saying?

I opened my eyes and saw a man sitting on a chair before the table opposite me. I got shocked. I felt pain in my right hand. I raised it up and saw that it was wrapped up by medical bandages which were stained by blood.

The man did not wait for me, looking at my hand, for long. He repeated his question more quietly with a bit of concern:

- Who are you?

He replied with a bit of astonishment pointing at the table:

- I'm a friend. It isn't important to know who I am, but I asked you whether the woman in the photo your wife?

I looked to where he pointed. There were a number of photos distributed arbitrarily on the table. There was a photo that attracted my attention. It was for a woman wearing a white dress partly burned and holding in her right hand an infant whose body had been smashed except his head which seemed bruised at the back; and in her left hand, she was holding a hand cut from the elbow that seemed to be for a baby girl.

My head felt heavy. But I soon realized that it was partly wrapped up by bandages. My thoughts began to recollect and I began to recollect the whole image. It was her. Yes, it was my wife holding my infant son and the remains of my daughter's hand who was not even seven. My eyes burst of tears. I felt dizzy. Everything was going around. Something inside me refused to believe this picture. I felt like screaming, crying, and collapsing. "Why? What did they do? What made them deserve such a thing?" Everything in me was collapsing.

I began to shake. Yes, I was shaking and a voice was calling my name. I opened my eyes this time to see a man's face covered with sadness and obvious worry. I felt my tears rolling down silently. The man did not try to say anything to me. His eyes were full of tears. He turned his face aside so that I cannot see his tears that began to come out. He moved away from me and sat by a small table on which there were lots of weapons. He took one and began to assemble it.

The clock was pointing to the time of the approaching Fajr prayer. I turned around to see the place and saw nearly ten people other than me. Everyone was busy doing something and one of them was deeply involved in prayer.

I was lying on a small bed just enough for half of my body. I got up on foot while my tears were still rolling down. I wrapped the bed. While I was doing so, one of the men approached me smiling and tried to wrap the bed for me, but I hinted to him that there was no need for him to do so. He did not try to stop me. He came nearer as I had finished wrapping the bed and asked me:

- What's wrong with you?
- Nothing. It seems my memory has mixed up and come up with a nightmare.

He did not say anything, but his smile faded a bit while he was looking at my tears that did not stop. After a while of silence, he looked at the table, picked up a weapon, and gave it to me saying:

- Time has come in which we'd make those Zionists taste the pain they'd made us taste before, hasn't it?

I did not hesitate to take the weapon with the fingers of my left hand and said:

- Today, we're going to protect our village from the tyrants. The very tragedy that happened years ago would never be repeated.

The first man who woke me up was looking at his seven-year-old little daughter's photo who he bid her farewell seven days ago in his village and taking one of the weapons on the table. He looked at us and said:

- The Merkafa tanks are now approaching. This is our chance to repay the enemy.

I was full of anger. I thought no more of what had happened to me. All I was thinking of was to make sure that what had happened never happen again. "We had been killed and massacred by the hands of Zionist enemy in Lebanon over the years. Today, they are trying to do the same of killing the weaponless and the weak. But this time, they cannot do so," I thought while I was looking at a yellow small flag waving at the edge of the small table…a flag that was written on it with a lovely self-relieving writing: "HEZBU ALLAH."

IN THE END I LIKE YOU TO GIVE ME A NOTE ABOUT THIS STORY AND WHAT YOU LIKE/DISLIKE ABOUT IF YOU CAN
لا آله الا الله محمد رسول الله
عليها نحيا وعليها نموت

وئام
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 77
اشترك في: الأحد أغسطس 20, 2006 3:41 pm
مكان: اليمن
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة وئام »

So you translated the Arabic version as I see, Good, it is very nice, and it seems that you are a talented and gifted person,please accept my congratulations
" نور على نور يهدي الله لنوره من يشاء "

ZEADBINYAHYA
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 97
اشترك في: الجمعة يونيو 16, 2006 4:02 pm
مكان: ON THE EARTH OF THE FREEDOM FIGHTER
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة ZEADBINYAHYA »

وئام كتب:So you translated the Arabic version as I see, Good, it is very nice, and it seems that you are a talented and gifted person,please accept my congratulations
Thank you very much. Is my pleasure to have this compliment from you.
لا آله الا الله محمد رسول الله
عليها نحيا وعليها نموت

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“