True Story

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
أضف رد جديد
جويـدا
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 406
اشترك في: الثلاثاء إبريل 12, 2005 9:56 pm

True Story

مشاركة بواسطة جويـدا »

This is a true story from the Japanese Embassy in US!!!

A few years ago,Prime Minister Mori was given some Basic English conversation training before he visits Washington and meets president Bill Clinton ..

The instructor told Mori "Prime Minister, when you shake hand with President Clinton, please say 'how are you'. Then Mr. Clinton should say,"I'm fine, and you?" Now you should say 'me too'. Afterwards we, translators, will do all the work for you."

It looks quite simple, but the truth is....When Mori met Clinton, he mistakenly said "Who Are You?" instead of "How are you". Mr. Clinton was a bit shocked but still managed to react with humor: "Well, I'm Hilary's husband, ha-ha...." Then Mori replied "Me too, ha-ha.."

Then there was a long silence in the meeting room.
صورة

أحمد الشامي
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 95
اشترك في: الأربعاء مارس 03, 2004 3:26 am
مكان: Washington D.C., USA

مشاركة بواسطة أحمد الشامي »

Salam.....yeah,it is funny

but it is not a true story AT ALL....it is a joke....I heard it alot from different people...and again...believe me......it is not true, unless you know that it is a joke...

Salaaaam
أللهم إني كنت كما أحب فاجعلني كما تحب

جويـدا
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 406
اشترك في: الثلاثاء إبريل 12, 2005 9:56 pm

مشاركة بواسطة جويـدا »

Salams Bro. AlShami
Well, i also heard it more than once, but the last time i recieved, was written on it "True Story"; In the beginning i thought it was a joke but a freind of mine told me that it was really a true story...What matters here is that, JOKES could be made on other people rather than Arab. 8)
صورة

أحمد الشامي
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 95
اشترك في: الأربعاء مارس 03, 2004 3:26 am
مكان: Washington D.C., USA

مشاركة بواسطة أحمد الشامي »

Salam

Thanks sisiter Juaida

As i mentioned before, this is not a true story.

There are alot jokes about other presidents and congress members, and you can find them all over the web.....Concerning Arabs,, They are a joke where ever they go. They are not wasting there time on making up a new joke. They just laugh the moment they see us.....It is not there problem, it is ours of course.....Amercans for example say alot of joke about rednicks, blonds, ...etc. So this joke is one of the made up jokes. And it is really funny, but I just wanted to clear things up

Thank you
أللهم إني كنت كما أحب فاجعلني كما تحب

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“