Series on Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).a

This majlis is for English discussions, researches, articles...
Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 180
اشترك في: الخميس أكتوبر 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Series on Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).a

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

Re: Series on Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).a

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

This clip is about the meeting which occurred between Imam Baqir (as) and Imam Abu Hanifah. The 12rs shia on the contrary, dismiss this incident, cut and paste half of this story and claim that Imam Baqir (as) dismissed the concept of Qiyas.

Here the hadith from the 12rs Imami books.

Al kafi: H 175, Ch. 19, h 20

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from Ahmad ibn ‘Abdallah al-‘Aqili from ‘Isa ibn ‘Abdallah al-Qurashi who has said the following.

"Once abu Hanifah came to see Imam abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who said to abu Hanifah, "O abu Hanifah, do you practice analogy as I hear you do?" Abu Hanifah replied, "Yes, I do practice analogy." The Imam then said to him, "Do not practice it because the first person who used analogy was Satan when he said, "Lord, you have created me from fire and created him from clay." He analogized fire with clay. If he would have analogized the light in the clay and fire he would have learned about the difference between the two lights and the excellence of one over the other."

On top of that the 12rs shias are so treacherous that they have taken the examples that Imam Abu Hanifah (ra) used to justify his teachings and claimed that it was Imam Baqir (as) who used examples to explain fiqh to Imam Abu Hanifah instead.

Anyway, we can't expect the Imami to give the sunni scholars any credits. After all most of them don't even believe that Sunni are Muslims in the aqira. If we read other books Qiyas such as Zaydia the concept of Qiyas is approved by Imam Zayd bin Ali (as) who was another teacher of Imam Abu Hanifah.

Here how the story goes.

Most of the people think Imam Abu Hanifa valued opinion to an extent that sometimes he neglected some hadeeth or didn't even make an effort to find a hadeeth on a specific matter. This was also the case when the Imam was alive and the fuqahaa of 'Iraq were known for their opinions among the Muslims.

"It appears that Abu Hanifa met Muhammad al-Baqir(great grandson of the grandson of Prophet Muhammad-PBUH, Al-Husayn) at the beginning of his development (as a faqih). He first met him in Madina when he was visiting it. It is reported that al-Baqir remarked to him, "Are you the one who changes the deen of my grandfather and his hadiths by analogy?" Abu Hanifa replied, " I seek refuge with Allah!" Muhammad said, "You have changed it." Abu Hanifa said, "Sit in your place as is your right until I sit by my right. I respect you as your grandfather, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was respectred by his Companions when he was alive." He sat.

Then Abu Hanifa knelt before him and said, " I will present you with three things to answer. Who is weaker: a man or woman?" "A woman", he replied. Abu Hanifa asked, "What is the share of a woman?" "A man has two shares and a woman one," he replied. Abu Hanifa said, "This is the statement of your grandfather. If I had changed the deen of your grandfather, by analogy a man would have one share and a woman two because the woman is weaker than the man."

Then he asked, "Which is better: the prayer or fasting?" "The prayer," al-Baqir replied. He said, "This is the statement of your grandfather. If I had changed the deen of your grandfather, by ananlogy would be that, because the prayer is better, when a woman is free of menstruation she should be commanded to make up the prayer and not make up the fast."

Then he asked, "Which is more impure: urine or sperm?" "Urine is more impure," he replied. He said, "If I had changed the deen of your grandfather by analogy, I would have ordered a ghusl for urine and wudu' for sperm. I seek refuge with Allah from changing the deenof your grandfather by analogy." Muhammad rose and embraced him and kissed his face to honour him."

Note: Muhammad al-Baqir, the son of Zayn al-'Abidin, was the brother of Imam Zayd and died before him. He was called, "al-Baqir" (deep seeker of knowledge) because of the serious way he sought knowledge. Although he was one of the People of the House (Ahlul Bayt), he did not speak ill of the first three khalifs.

Reference:

Al-Makki mentions this conservation and it is taken from the book "The Four Imams" by Muhammad Abu Zahra. It can be found on page 169-170 in his book.

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

This clip covers the view which the Ahlul Bayt Attar had about Abi Bakr (ra) and Umar (ra)

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) grandfather was Hz Qasim ibn Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (ra). This tabeen was raised in the household of Bibi Ayesha (ra), just like how Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (ra) was raised in the household of Imam Ali (as).

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

Imam Jafar as Sadiq's (as) student was the famous scientist named hz Jabbir ibn Hayyan (ra).

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

This video gives the shia defintion of Ilm-e-Jafar which the 12r shias attribute to Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

The disagreement within the shias on the definition of ilm-e-Jafr.

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

The Major Scholars who studied under Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) and original concept of Taqiyah.

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) a spiritual reformer of the Ummah.

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

The 12r shia and sunni view on who should rule over the Ummah.

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

The tyrants that lived during Imam Jafar as Sadiq's (as) life time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NIWxcLAP-g

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

This clip has some of the Fiqhi rules of Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as).

ياقوت
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد
مشاركات: 104
اشترك في: الأربعاء فبراير 25, 2009 5:59 pm
مكان: مجالس ال محمد

مشاركة بواسطة ياقوت »

When I listened to these lectures I felt that I knew nothing about the 12rs shia :mrgreen: !!! ....Thank you

Mystic
مشترك في مجالس آل محمد

مشاركة بواسطة Mystic »

This is the main problem. When we debate against the 12r shias most of us don't know anything about them. Therefore, they usually have an upper hand. The reason for that is you really don't know how much truth they are stating when they make certain statements. The 12rs are usually after sunnis, so they spent a lot of times researching sunni Islam. However, a majority of them don't know have much information on the Zaydi madhab.

By them I wanted to ask what is the ruling on divorce in the Zaydi fiqh ? Is it similar to the Hanafi fiqh or does a divorce happen after 3 periods like Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) stated ?

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى ”English Majlis“